Hooray, I have been nominated for the Liebster Award! Thank you Isabella! I enjoy reading her posts because they’re so uplifting. She is always thankful and mindful of everything in her life, which is a wonderful reminder for us to pay attention to our lives as well.
The Rules (updated for the Liebster Award 2016)
- Thank the blogger that nominated you.
- Write a 150-300 word post about your favourite blog that is not your own. Explain why you like the blog, provide links.
- Write 10 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 5 to 11 other bloggers and let them know they’ve been nominated.
My Favourite Blog
Currently, my favourite blog is mackmarie’s. Her posts are an interesting peek into her life, and often remind me to enjoy the simple things (as well as always seek to try something new)! She always has an abundance of gorgeous photos in each post, with a wonderful sprinkling of food photos! Her cheery way of writing and wit always leaves me smiling by the time I’m done reading.
One of her main appeals to me is that we are in a very similar life stage. She’s a recent graduate, a [fairly] newly-wed, and her husband has a heavy workload at school. It’s fun to read about how she keeps dinners interesting, and how she maintains friendships and exercise in her life (lately she’s been giving tours of San Fransisco to her family and friends, and it’s been really making me want to go back!).
Even if you’re not in a similar life stage, she’s still very easy to relate to, and her posts are a fun pick-me-up after a long day.
10 Random Facts about Me
- I’m a generallizer, not a specializer (I’ve got a Bachelors in Psychology, a Minor in Linguistics, a Masters in Kinesiology, and a brief career in graphic/web design)
- I get bored VERY easily. This manifests itself in:
- my need to constantly switch tasks throughout the day
- finding a new chore to do every day
- being in a snacks drought because I got bored of most snacks that grocery stores offer…
- always having YouTube playing something in the background
Do you have any good YouTube channel suggestions? I enjoy listening to vlogs. : ) Not really interested in beauty or pranks.
- I have an addiction to macro photography.
- I also have an addiction to candid shots.
- I started eating a lot healthier due to being lazy (washing the cutting board between meats and veggies was the last straw, true story).
- I absolutely cannot understand how to at the same time, use hair curlers and have a good night’s sleep.
- I am used to getting cold easily (I carry a jacket with me even if it’s 20C, whatevershutup).
- I enjoy returning things to its original state (I’m the one who un-dog-ears library books, the one who perfectly re-wraps presents not to regift them but just to enjoy the process, the one who keeps all the boxes and packaging under the guise of “this object might break during moving without its original packaging!”)
- The absolute one chore I hate is laundry. Everything about it. Fumbling with dirty clothes, carrying it downstairs, hanging up delicates, FOLDING.
- Growing up I had many phases: the egg yolk hating phase, the egg white hating phase, the hard boiled eggs are boring phase, and currently, the I love eggs in any form phase (Can this be forever?).
My List of Nominees
- Life is Lush! – luv86elle
- BOHO NDONGO – Boho Ndongo
- Scribbled Writings – Karthik Pillai
- A Mischief Managed – amischiefmanaged
- zoe169 – Zoe
11 Questions from Isabella
*Note: These are questions Isabella gave me; future award nominees do NOT need to answer them!
- Do you have any siblings, if so how many? One older brother.
- What is your favorite comfort food? Creamy chocolate, vegan frozen yogourt, eggs, cookies. I guess in sum, gooey [generally sweet] things. :D
- If you were on a deserted island and you could only bring two people to help you, who would you chose? Donna Clark from Halt and Catch Fire because she is classy and extremely intelligent and resourceful. The second person would be Poussey from Orange is the New Black, because she makes me happy.
- What is the most daring or adventurous thing you have every done? Exploring San Francisco alone. The second day I was there, I scared myself by looking up “dangerous places in SF” and honestly, it felt like EVERY neighbourhood was listed!
- What is your favorite song? Some Nights, by fun.
- Why do you blog? I blog for myself. As mentioned in a previous post, I find being able to review my progress very motivating when trying to achieve artistic goals.
- Where would be your dream vacation? (If it couldn’t be at home :)? Hopefully somewhere with mountains and a quiet body of water. Somewhere near the Rocky Mountains? Somewhere in Europe?
- What are ten interesting or strange facts about yourself that most people wouldn’t know? Answered above! : )
- What is your favorite restaurant? It’s a toss up between the place with the best wings I’ve ever eaten, Right Wingers, and my favourite sushi restaurant, Zushi Puzzle (sometimes I cry when I remember it’s all the way in San Francisco).
- What is your favorite book and why? Inkheart by Cornelia Funke. I hate hate hate fantasy books, but this book was different. Although it was translated from German, I always got lost in the eloquence of the words. The magic didn’t last to Inkdeath, unfortunately.