If you’re scrambling last minute to get your dog a costume, I’ve got your back. ;p
- Microsoft Word
- Printer + Paper
- Bristol board (red is easiest, but any colour works)
- Red construction paper if your bristol board isn’t red
- White (gesso is better) and yellow paint
- Paint brushes
- Create the inside and back of the tag (all the wordy stuff) on Microsoft Word. Print it, cut it out!
- Use the hearts you cut out to trace onto a folded piece of Bristol board. Cut that out too.
- *SKIP THIS STEP if you’re really running out of time!* Paint the borders of the Bristol board white. Let dry, then paint with yellow. (I find yellow paint is usually a little translucent. Painting it white first helps bring out the colour.)
- Paint a star onto the front of the tag. Again, white first, then yellow.
- Glue everything together.
- Cut a hole in the top left and use a rubber band or string to attach onto your pet’s collar.
There’s still time to make your pet a costume…! gogogogo!
Are you dressing your pet(s) up for Hallowe’en? What’s their costume?